Roof ventilators reduce the effect of two of the most damaging forces - heat and moisture.
Qld homes are easily damaged by heat and moisture
In our sub-tropical climate – there’s one thing guaranteed. The hot and steamy weather will eventually cause problems with your roof, and potentially in your home, if it’s not properly ventilated.
- When it’s raining or humid, moisture laden air condenses and dampness is trapped.
- When it’s hot, the heat can’t escape and just hangs around making your home hotter and hotter, rendering your insulation ineffective.
Roof Ventilators are essential for Qld homes
In Qld we can’t escape our extreme weather, so we need to reduce the effects. Roof ventilators are a very efficient and cost effective method of controlling temperature and reducing damage.
The two key benefits for Queensland homes include:
- Save Energy Money – by allowing the heat to escape, your air conditioning system will work more efficiently and reduce your running costs.
- Healthier Home – by allowing humidity to escape, moisture will not condensate and build up in the roof cavity. You don’t want this to happen as it will eventually turn to mould and spread through the ceiling and walls to now only look unsightly, but possibly cause respiratory problems.
What’s the best type of ventilator?
There are several styles and brands available, and we’ve installed them all. We’ve come to the conclusion that the Edmonds WindMaster is the best choice, and here’s why.
- Zero operating cost: it’s wind-driven and works even during low wind speeds, so no electricity requirement to make it work.
- Aesthetic choice: It’s available in 28 colours to suit the aesthetics of most roofs. View colours here.
- Excellent quality and warranty: It’s a high quality, roof mounted, light-weight aluminium ventilator that comes with a 15-year warranty for long lasting peace of mind.
How many roof ventilators will you need?
It is recommended to install one ventilator each 100m2 of roof area. Ventilators can be installed on tiled and metal roofs.
Don’t risk damage to your property, and suffer through excessive heat and moisture build up. Contact us for a competitive quote to supply and install ventilators in your home today.